AEP is in full swing for the Healthcare industry for 2022. AEP started on October 15, 2021 and will run until December 7, 2021.
AEP stands for Annual Enrollment Period. This is the time where beneficiaries who are 65 and older, as well as anyone (any age) with a disability can enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan or a Supplement.
Select stores have teamed up with local Medicare Agents in your area. These Agents are set up inside stores to personally assist clients with Medicare or ACA questions.
Most seniors have been bombarded with random solicitors calling them trying to get them to change their Medicare plan.
My father, along with other seniors, are tired of picking up the phone to hear these random people asking them tons of questions.
Some stores that are participating in this years AEP (Open Enrollment) is Walgreens, HEB, CVS, Wamart, and Goodwill. You may find personal agents in other stores as well.
These major stores have put out huge advertising dollars to help Medicare recipients get a more one on one approach to their healthcare. When current or future Medicare recipients walk into their local store they will see a REAL face who can become their personal Advisor.
What is a personal Medicare Advisor?
Personal Licensed Medicare Advisors are State Licensed Healthcare Agents. These agents/advisors are contracted with providers such as Wellcare, Humana, United Healthcare , Aetna, Cigna, and many more.
- Agents can connect Medicare recipients with the right plan that’s best for their Healthcare concerns
- Agents can set up a future appointment to go into their home and walk beneficiaries through the entire Medicare process.
- Agents are equipped to help educate beneficiaries on all the benefits they can receive from their Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplements, or stand alone prescription drug plans.
- Personal Advisors provide clients with one on one care. Clients will be able to pick up the phone and have a conversation with an actual person.
What are the Benefits for the beneficiaries
- Beneficiaries won’t have to deal with automated systems and hold times.
- Beneficiaries will be able to put an actual face of someone assisting them.
- Beneficiaries will be able to feel more comfortable about who they are providing their information to.
- Beneficiaries will be educated on all of their benefits. No more services or money left on the table.
Am I going to have to pay these Medicare Agents?
Thats a really good question. No, you won’t pay these agents for assisting you. Medicare Agents are contracted with providers. The Healthcare providers are paying theMedicare Agent.
In today’s society we spend so much time ON HOLD or speaking to someone who has a communication barrier. That is so frustrating and who has the time for that?
Medicare Advisors are not supposed to randomly call clients to sell Medicare plans. This is against CMS (The Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services) rules and regulations.
Next time you’re in your local stores listed above, stop by and speak to your local Medicare Agent. These people are very educated and prepared to be your personal Agent. They may live right around the block from you.
Remember the days where you KNEW YOUR Insurance Agent? Well, we are bringing it back to your neighborhood. Our seniors deserve to know who they are working with. They deserve to see an actual person They deserve to have the benefits they need to live a good and healthy life.
If you are new to Medicare or you’re not happy with your current plan, now is the time to make that change. These Medicate Advisors are here to help you.
Visit me at Www.TheMotteAgency.com or call me at 832-919-8240.